Coffee Filled Chocolate Cones: If you would like to get your coffee on, in a unique and new way, you have to try one of this Coffee Filled Chocolate Cones.
Espresso, waffle cones, and chocolate, oh my! The Grind Coffee Company in South Africa wanted to create an option for people to eat, drink, and enjoy. The best part–there’s no waste, what a sustainable treat!
Coffee Filled Chocolate Cones Recipe
You can now make your own at home. I tried this recipe and it was the bomb. Like a new “old” kid enjoying memories and making new ones.
Coffee Filled Chocolate Cones Ingredients
- Recipe slightly adapted from People.com
- 6 Ice cream cones (cake cones)
- 8 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
Coffee Filled Chocolate Cones Instructions
- Melt the coconut oil until liquid.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, and stir the chocolate until smooth. I recommend using a double boiler and not microwaving the chocolate chips so that you get the chocolate to be as smooth as possible.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate chips and stir until smooth again.
- Put a tablespoon of chocolate into a cone and swirl until the entire interior of the cone is covered in chocolate. Keep adding more chocolate as needed and continue to swirl
- If you’d like, turn the waffle cone upside-down and dip directly into the chocolate to cover the rim. Then, set upright on plates covered with wax or parchment paper.
- Continue to do with all the cones.
- Let the cones sit in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate has completely hardened. Use any leftover chocolate to make more cones or use it as a chocolate dip for fruit!
- Pour your favorite coffee into the cones and serve immediately! If you wait to drink the coffee, the chocolate will melt.
We hope you enjoyed this post ” Coffee Filled Chocolate Cones ” was enjoyable, please let us know in the comments below.