- 1 Tips in Hosting the Best Wine Tasting Event
- 1.1 Ideas For Your Wine Tasting Event
- 1.2 Things You Will Need for Your Wine Tasting Event
- 1.2.1 Tips to Having The Best Wine Tasting Event
Wine Tasting Event: If you like wine and to hang out with friends, this is a good excuse to get together and have a good time enjoy some wine and spend time with some friends. And if you need more reasons you check out our article Reasons to Enjoy Wine Daily.
Tips in Hosting the Best Wine Tasting Event
In order to have a successful Wine Tasting Event that will be fun for everyone and at the same time affordable, there is certain wine tasting event ideas that you may want to try.
Tips in Hosting the Best Wine Tasting Event Video
Ideas For Your Wine Tasting Event
The idea is to buy several bottles of wine, for example red, cover them, and try to guess what kind of grape is, the price, as well as describe its flavor, aroma, and color as authentic wine tasters professional. And of course, vote for your favorite wine.
First, find the information necessary to know the technical vocabulary of a wine tasting event here and write it so that the guests can use it when valuing each wine.
You can buy the wine scoring sheet already made (like the ones on the right) from Amazon here, or you can buy a Wine Tasting Party Kit here, which comes with 10 Tasting Tip Sheets, 50 Tasting Note Sheets, 10 Numbered Wine Bags, 50 Paper Wine Glass Tags, and 10 Pencils or you can also make some homemade ones and distribute them among the tasters.
Do not forget to have some types of pecking foods for the tasters, like olives, almonds, canapés, or the great companion of the wine, the cheese.
Things You Will Need for Your Wine Tasting Event
Hosting a Wine Tasting Event in your home could be a nice way to spend some time with some friends and at the same time try some nice wine.
The good news is you can actually host a wonderful wine tasting events in your own home without having to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
In fact, you can host the perfect wine tasting event without having to spend more than fifty bucks. How do you do that?
First off, what you need to do is to invite all your interested friends and tell them you’re going to host a wine tasting party in your own home.
However, instead of buying all the bottles for the event yourself, ask each of your friends to bring their own bottle to the party, which you will all share and evaluate.
The things you will need for your wine tasting event are:
The Wines – Set-up or make arrangements for 4 to 20 wines
- Snacks – Is always a good idea to have some snacks before the tasting
- Bread – To clean the palate between wines, having some plain bread handy will be helpful
- Wine Glasses – One for guest, you can get some wine charms to avoid confusion among guests. How To Make Wine Charms
- Plenty of Water – To clean the palate between wines, have water available
- Dump bucket – for discarding wine that you don’t drink before next pouring
- Scoring Sheet Cards – for recording and describing each wine
- Wine Covers – If you are doing a blind tasting to cover the wine
- Paper Towels – Because someone somewhere will spill wine. So have it handy.
- Pencils with erasers – To make notes and scores about the wine
- Feedback – Encourage your guests to join on the conversations and share their impressions on the wine
- Fun – Let this be a fun experience for everyone involved.
- Prizes – You can be as creative here as you wish. Win Free Wine, an Amazon Gift Card, a cool wine bottle opener. The sky is the limit and can stay in your budget for the event.
Note: You can buy the wine scoring sheet already made from Amazon here, or you can buy a Wine Tasting Party Kit here, which comes with 10 Tasting Tip Sheets, 50 Tasting Note Sheets, 10 Numbered Wine Bags, 50 Paper Wine Glass Tags, and 10 Pencils or you can also make some homemade ones and distribute them among the tasters.
Tips to Having The Best Wine Tasting Event
Wine Tasting Event Tip #1 – Limit Wine Bottles to 20
When inviting guests to your wine tasting party, try to limit the number of wine bottles to twenty. Having more bottles than that will definitely take more time. If you have couple friends attending the party, tell them that each couple should only bring one bottle. You can also divide the group and assign which group would bring which wine type. For instance, the men would bring red and the women would bring white.
Wine Tasting Event Tip #2 – Register Wine as Guests Arrive
Assign someone to receive the bottles for your wine tasting event and register them as soon as guests arrive. In the registration sheet, write the make and type of the wine opposite the name of the person who brought it.
Wine Tasting Event Tip #3 – Wrap Wine in Wine Bags
Guests shouldn’t be able to see the bottles so make sure you cover them with paper bags or the ones provided in a Wine Tasting Party Kit. Simply label the bags with “R” plus a particular number for the red wines, and “W” plus a number of the whites.
Wine Tasting Event Tip #4 – Judging Time
Before you proceed to taste the wines on your wine tasting event, have a quick wine tasting crash course. Unless you have real wine experts in the house, you would want to make sure everyone knows what criteria to use to judge the wines. You can evaluate the wines using 4 simple criteria: Sight, Flavor, Aroma, and Overall Impression.
You need to understand that you can have your own criteria for tasting wine. In the end, it will all come down to which bottle of wine your guests considers best and which one they consider worst.
Finally, present the best wine to the entire group and give rewards to whom they are due.
If you would like even more details to help you on your very first tasting you can get “Wine a Tasting Course” Book here at Amazon.
Hosting a wine tasting event need not be expensive. Save money by bringing affordable yet fine-tasting wines, while having a great night with friends.
If you have enjoyed this post ” Tips in Hosting the Best Wine Tasting Event ” please share it.